GASKETS INFLATED WITH AIR
Gaskets inflated with air, i.e. pneumatic gaskets, are the most effective sealing method, for example for moving surfaces, because they properly shrink and expand. They can be used in a wide range of applications.
Due to latest production methods and state-of-the-art elastomers, pneumatic gaskets are also used in many other sectors, such as:
- Paper industry (suction rollers, scraper bars, cutters)
- Telecommunications industry (semiconductor processing, filters, actuators, scrubbers, robotics, optics)
- Shipbuilding (portholes, lift platforms, loading hatches, drive shaft maintenance)
- Textile industry (clamping, door seals of pressure chambers)
- Chemical industry (processing equipment, mixers, hoppers, chutes, valves)
- Metalworking industry (door seals, scraper bars, continuous steel casting, furnace sealing)
- Food industry (autoclaves, chambers, cutters)
- Transport (door seals on high-speed trains, transport containers)
- Pharmacy (mixers, robotics, autoclaves, ovens, clean and sterile rooms)
Pneumatic gaskets are homogeneous elastomer seals with a high modulus of elasticity and high tensile strength. These seals are designed for installation in mounting channels. They expand and shrink when filling and removing the sealing in the channel. Their precise dimensions and gaps play important role in the design and production of correct sealing for a given application, therefore JSF process engineers are happy to assist in designing appropriate shapes of sealing profiles.